About Consumer Debt Counselors
Consumer Debt Counselors is a fully accredited, licensed, and bonded 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that assists people with debt- and credit-related issues. Since 1998, it has been our privilege to help you understand your credit report, resolve issues with unsecured debt (such as credit cards) or student loans, understand your rights and options when it comes to your mortgage, and help you prepare your credit and get down-payment assistance where available for your first home.
Our Vision and Mission
Our mission is to educate our clients and the public on how to better manage their financial resources and empower them to resolve their financial problems. Through our programs, we are able to help individuals and families learn the responsible use of credit and basic household money management skills, as well as how to increase their net worth through asset building.
In the communities we serve, Consumer Debt Counselors is a trusted and respected voice for consumer financial education and financial problem resolution. We are an active participant in the community, providing clients with referrals to a network of local resources and service providers when needed. Our goal is to be respected, sustainable and transparent.
As a nonprofit company, we have a commitment to furthering our mission for the betterment of the American public. In order to accomplish this, Consumer Debt Counselors has embraced value-driven, servant leadership. Our values govern our behavior as we interact with our clients and the public, as well as with each other.
- Our greatest gift is empathy. We treat our clients and the public as we would wish to be treated in similar circumstances, accept that all people and situations are unique, and strive to be understanding.
- Kindness is key. We are in this business because we care. We want people to reach their potential and to realize their dreams.
- Candor requires us to maintain transparency while communicating with clarity, honesty and respect in all we do.
- We are committed to continuous improvement: of ourselves, of our business, and of our communities.
- Accountability requires us to take responsibility for our actions and performance to all of our stakeholders, including our clients, our employees, and our communities.
- It is our duty to be good stewards of our organization, of the public's trust, and of our clients' resources.